Follow americannetworkinstitute.ml

ads
test

Trunk lab with Real Cisco switch

I was got 2 switches to start my lab..initially I wanted to start a VOIP lab with a 2900 and 3550 switch.My 2900 switch doesn't support a lot of of feature to do so.. https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/3581http://  .   And the 3500 switch doesn't have enough rj-45 ports ports .switch10.jpg


I wanted to use the ports of the my 2900 switch with the configuration of my 3550 switch.
My solution was to trunk them..

I thought a did a good configuration on the switches an everything looks nice..I set my 3550 switch as my trunk server and created several vlans ..and the 2900 as my trunk client..I set the domain name as "ElDomainMio"

The configuration looks good to me but the client is not reading the configuration..









The 2900 have a different architecture configuration...It's an older model switch


It needed different commands than the 3550..!




 We set up one as a server, the other as a Client VTP
 we check the VTP status


we couldn't apply the change..




We check the configuration on 2900 switch


 It's on fa0/1

No trunking


Status of SW2900  trunk

 Checking the Vlan on 3550 switch

Still not reading




We check the vlan with SW2900 switch (different commands)
 Pruning is disable..we are troubleshooting!
 We enable pruning


We added vlan 24 to test if it was reading,...

 we did switchport mode trunk one more time in both switch for troubleshooting..

Setting the 3500 switch


Checking on the 2900 if it's reading 
It is! Successfully done
Trunk lab with Real Cisco switch Trunk lab with Real Cisco switch Reviewed by ohhhvictor on 6:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.